Sunday, February 24, 2013

Do You Know Your Food Groups? Get Your Answers With A Mediterranean Diet Plan

I embarked on my new eating habits by following the Mediterranean Eating habits building blocks. As I became more knowledgeable about the food groups and the number of servings, I started enjoying yourself mixing and matching.

Some mornings, I have 1/2 goblet muesli with oats as well as milk topped with 1 tbs of freshly ground flax plant life. That's 1 serving associated with grains, 1 serving granted dairy, and 1 bag of seeds. I combine that with a half of red grapefruit and i have 1 serving the fruit. Sometimes I add 1 serving of fruit over the muesli or top it by using serving of nuts.

On other mornings I have one cup of tossed salad with 2 tbsp lemon juice, a tablespoon of olive oil, a hard-boiled or sunny side up egg, 2 slices of whole grain dark bread, a basic low-fat yogurt (1. 5%) with a tablespoon of freshly globe flax seeds, and a 1 / 2 of red grapefruit. That's 1 bag of vegetables, 1 serving of fat, 1 serving of eggs, 2 bowls of grains, 1 serving of dairy, 1 serving of seeds, and 1 bag of fruit.

You get the Idea.

As you become familiar with the Mediterranean Diet life insurance policy food groups and how many servings, you'll stop referring to the list and it will become a routine an income. Now I spend my time thinking how I can even make my meals more fantastic by creating new varieties.

Mediterranean Diet Plan Edibles Groups/Serving Sizes

Whole Grains/Grain Cocktails 4 - 5 portions daily Portion sizes:

1 slice of whole grain bread

1 cup cooked grains, pasta, or cereal

1 ounce of waterless cereal (sugar-less)- between 1/2 cup to 1 1/2 cups depending on the cereal type

Vegetables 5 up to 6 portions daily Portion sizes:

1 cup of crude leafy vegetables

1 mug tossed salad

1/2 cup cut forwards raw or cooked vegetables from the colors

1 medium extent potato

3/4 cup vegetable juice

Fruits 3 , 4 portions daily Portion sizes:

1 medium size fresh fruit

1/2 cup fresh cut-up combined fruit

1/4 cup dehydrated fruit

* 1/2 cup fruit juice *

Dairy Products (low fat) two - 3 portions daily Portion sizes:

1 cup low-fat whole milk or plain yogurt

1 1/2 ounce low-fat cheese

Fish, Poultry, Eggs 5 - 6 portions weekly Portion sizes:

1 ounce cooked seafood, poultry

1 egg

Lean Meat 1 - 3 servings monthly Portion sizes:

1 ounce cooked meat

Beans and that he Legumes 5 - 6 portions weekly Portion sizes:

1/2 cup dry coffee bean and legumes

Nuts and Seed products 5 - 6 portions weekly Portion sizes:

1/3 cup or 1 1/2 ounces nuts

2 tablespoons snickers butter

2 tablespoons or 1/2 ounce seeds

Fats 2 - 3 portions daily Portion sizes:

1 tablespoon olive essential oil

1 tablespoon low-fat mayo

2 tablespoons salad dressing

Sweets combined with Sugars 2 - 3 equipment weekly

* Portion dimensions:

1 tablespoon brown sugars

1 tablespoon jelly or even jam without preservatives

1 tablespoon honey

I enjoy creating many different combinations with the Mediterranean Eating habits food groups. I put them on just like building skin foundations. Everyday I come up with methods to combine them. All I have to do is make sure I use how many servings from all foods groups. As you remember the possibilities are endless.

* Not a good idea for glucose restricted diet

Based by the DASH Eating Plan written by: U. S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES National Institutions of Health National Cardiovascular system, Lung, and Blood Institute








My Personal Experience Over the Mediterranean Diet

My name is sol and I have been following the Mediterranean diet for just a few years now. It has made a tremendous difference i think live. I eat wholesome, I exercise, and I get lots more energy. I used to weigh 207 lbs (94 kg), and now I weigh 177 lbs (81 kg). That's a decrease in 30 lbs (13. 5 kg)! When i look at myself now, I feel good. My body is dieter and I feel a feeling of accomplishment.

To find out more please check out my blog pinpoint250. blogspot. com/p/home_06. html pinpoint250. blogspot. com/p/home_06. html

No comments:

Post a Comment